Where is Ibritumomab Tiuxetan used? Ibritumomab Tiuxetan...
Where is Quinapril Hydrochloride used?
Quinapril Hydrochloride is a prescription medicine used to treat high blood pressure. This medication can also be used for the treatment of heart failure. This is an oral tablet and can be used alone or with other medications.
Quinapril Hydrochloride belongs to the class of medications called angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. High blood pressure adds to the workload of the arteries and heart. Lowering blood pressure can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes. This medication is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How does Quinapril Hydrochloride work?
Quinapril Hydrochloride works by broadening your blood vessels, which lessens pressure in the vessels and making it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body. This helps increase the supply of oxygen to your heart especially when you place extra demand on your heart, it may cope better. You may also not get short of breath easily.
How is Quinapril Hydrochloride taken?
The recommended dosage for this medication depends on your medical condition and how severe it is. Take the medicine as a whole and with a full glass of water. Do not chew or crush it. Take it before meals and at the same time each day. Taking each dose at the same time each day helps you remember to take it regularly.
Adult dosage (18-64 years) for high blood pressure:
- The typical starting dose is 10 to 20 mg once a day. It may be increased to 80 mg to be taken once a day or in equally divided dosages. This dose can be taken if you are not taking a diuretic.
- Your starting dose may be 5 mg if you are taking a diuretic.
For ages 65 years and older:
- The typical starting dose is 10 mg each day.
Adult dosage (18-64 years) for heart failure:
- The usual starting dose is 5 mg to be taken twice a day. The dose may be increased to 20 mg – 40 mg to be taken in equally divided doses, two times each day.
What are the possible side effects of Quinapril Hydrochloride?
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dry cough
What are the precautions in taking Quinapril Hydrochloride?
- This medication is not recommended for use in people younger than 18 years old.
- Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor if you have any allergies or if you had an allergic reaction to this drug.
- Inform also your doctor about your medical history if you have.
- Consult first your doctor before using this medication if you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- If you missed a dose, the medicine may not work as well or may stop working completely. For the medicine to work well, a certain amount is needed to be in your body at all times. For this reason, you must take this prescription regularly.
- If you have taken too much of this medication and have signs of an overdose, call for medical assistance right away.
- Do not stop taking this medication without the consent of your doctor.