Where is Ibritumomab Tiuxetan used? Ibritumomab Tiuxetan...
Where is Pitavastatin used and how does it work?
Pitavastatin is used together with an appropriate diet to help lower bad cholesterol and fats (LDL and triglycerides). Lowering bad cholesterol reduces the risk of heart disease. Raising good cholesterol helps prevent heart attacks and strokes. Pitavastatin also helps bring the cholesterol in your blood to a healthier level.
This is an FDA-approved prescription that is in a group of drugs called HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors or statins. Pitavastatin works by slowing the production of cholesterol in the body. It is to lessen the amount of cholesterol that may build up on the walls of the arteries.
What is the dosage of Pitavastatin and how it is taken?
The recommended dosage for Pitavastatin is based on your condition, age, and response to the treatment. You must take this medication exactly as it is given by your doctor. Do not take in a larger or smaller amount or for longer than prescribed.
This medicine is usually taken once a day and each dose may be taken with or without a meal or as directed by your doctor. The medicine is to be taken by mouth with a full glass of water. Don’t forget to take it at the same time each day. If you are also taking other drugs to lower your cholesterol, take it at least 1 hour before or 4 hours after taking the medicine.
Do not suddenly stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor. Take the medicine until your doctor prescribed you to stop taking it. If you missed a dose, call your doctor and ask for instructions.
What are the possible side effects of Pitavastatin?
- Back pain
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Skin rash
- Pain in your arms and legs
- Joint pain
- Flu symptoms
These side effects might be better over time as your body gets used to the medication. Let your doctor know right away if there are side effects that worsen or do not go away.
What are the precautions in taking Pitavastatin?
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical history or current medications including vitamins, herbal products, or food supplements. Do not take any other medicine unless it has been discussed with your doctor.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding women consult your doctor first before taking this drug.
- Let your doctor know if you are allergic to this medication or if you have any allergies. If there are any signs of an allergic reaction, call for medical help right away.
- Taking Pitavastatin along with antibiotics can increase the amount of this drug in your body. Wherein, it could increase your risk of certain side effects.
- You must tell your doctor if you drink large amounts of alcohol if you have ever had liver disease, seizure, low blood pressure, or muscle aches.
- This prescription should be used with caution in older adults and they may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug.
- Keep this drug far from heat and moisture.