COVID-19 is a new strain of the common cold that has been p...
What condition does Imipramine Hydrochloride treat?
Imipramine Hydrochloride is used for the treatment of depression. It helps improve your sleep, mood, appetite, and energy level. It may also help restore your interest in daily living. Depression is a common and serious medical illness. It negatively affects how you feel, how you act, and the way you think.
This medication may also be used along with other therapies to treat enuresis. It is nighttime bed-wetting usually in children. This drug can help control nighttime bed-wetting.
Imipramine Hydrochloride belongs to the class of medications called tricyclic antidepressants. It comes as a tablet for oral administration. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
How does Imipramine Hydrochloride work?
Imipramine Hydrochloride works on your central nervous system. It is to increase the levels of certain chemicals in your brain. Through this action, it helps improve your symptoms of depression.
For nighttime bed-wetting, this drug works by blocking certain chemicals. It is specifically in your child’s central nervous system.
What is the recommended dosage for Imipramine Hydrochloride?
The recommended dosage is based on your medical condition and response. It is important to take it exactly as it is prescribed. Remember to take it at the same time and in the same way each day. Do not take more often or more than the prescription. This medication does not work right away. It may take up to 3 weeks before you experience the full benefits if you are taking this medication for depression.
This medication is usually taken 1 to 4 times a day. Take each dose with mouth and with a full glass of water. You may take it with or without food. Your doctor may direct you to take it once daily at bedtime if you have daytime drowsiness.
For children use to treat bed-wetting, it is to be taken an hour before bedtime. If your child usually wets the bed early at night, it may be given earlier in a separate dose. It may be one dose in the afternoon and one at bedtime.
What are the side effects of Imipramine Hydrochloride?
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Increased sweating
- Stomach cramps
- Tingly feeling
- Loss of appetite
What are the precautions in taking Imipramine Hydrochloride?
- Before taking this prescription, tell your doctor if you are allergic to it. Inform also if you have current medication or treatments.
- If you have diabetes, this medication may make it difficult to control your levels of blood sugar. Check your blood sugar regularly as directed and share the results with your doctor. Inform your doctor right away if you have symptoms such as increased thirst or urination. Your doctor may need to adjust your exercise program, diet, or diabetes medication.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman, talk to your doctor first before taking it.
- If you missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. Do not twice the prescribed dosage. But if it is almost time for your next dose, never mind the missed dose.
- To lessen dizziness and light-headedness, get up slowly when rising from a lying or seated position.
- Keep this away from the reach of children or pets.