Where is Ibritumomab Tiuxetan used? Ibritumomab Tiuxetan...
Trump Says Hydroxychloroquine can be used for COVID-19?
Hydroxycholoroquine is an oral prescription drug that has been used in treating diseases caused by viruses. The hydroxychloroquine is commonly used to treat malaria and rheumatoid arthritis. However, this drug has the ability to fight against the virus. There is various hypothesis around the world that consider the hydroxychloroquine to counter the virus. The clinical virology of this drug is more beneficial than any combined medications. This is now slowly being used in China as a potent treatment for COVID-19.
What is COVID-19?
The COVID-19 is a new type of corona virus that is infecting thousands of people around the globe. The COVID-19 has become pandemic in just a duration of 3 months. COVID-19 has recorded thousands of death around the world. This virus was originated in the province of Wuhan, China which spreads through social contact. The symptoms of this viral disease commonly start in the lungs. Anyone that is infected by this virus is subjected to self-quarantine. The symptoms come out within 2 weeks. This includes fever, shortness of breath, and cough after the exposure.
The COVID-19’s virus attacks to those who have a weak immune system. This is a newly discovered corona virus which has similarity to SARS-CoV. It is also deadly in fact the fatality rate of this newly found virus is still increasing. The spread of the virus is through respiratory droplets. A person must be generally 6 feet away from the host to be able to avoid the spread and contact of the disease. It can also possibly spread through touching an object, touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
How to avoid getting infected by the COVID-19?
Maintain your healthy lifestyle and balanced diet. Wash your hand very often with soap and hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and any open skin. Stay at home as much as possible especially if you have a weak immune system. If you have an existing disease such as asthma, flu or other respiratory diseases, inform your doctor. Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough to avoid spreading of disease in case you are already infected.
How to use the hydroxychloroquine?
The treatment of the COVID-19 using this medicine has already started in China. The oral dose of the hydroxychloroquine is 1 tablet a day. This is administered in 18 hours gap. Each dose must be taken after a meal for the reduction of the possible side effects. For the improvement of the recovery, you have to take it at the same time each day to be able to avoid missing a dose. Do not take the double dosage in case you missed a tablet. Wait for the next day and make sure to have it done at the same time.
The dosage of the medicine may be lowered as you slowly reach your recovery. However, wait for your doctor’s instruction before lowering the dosage or stopping the intake of the medicine. The effect of the medicine can also be accompanied by constant hydration, proper self-quarantine and cleaning. The severe effects of the virus may be cured through constant support to vital organ functions.
How do the hydroxychloroquine works?
The hydroxychloroquine has a safety profile which does not have any severe side effects. The property of the hydroxychloroquine has a versatile bioactive agent that kills the virus. It inhibits the DNA of the virus and prevents it from growing and multiplying. This medicine works as an antiviral agent in fact this is being used to treat the SARS-CoV. This will also impair the ongoing activities of the virus in your system.
The work of this medicine depends on the severity of the person’s condition. This drug can act indirectly in lowering the production of the pro-inflammatory cytokines and activating. It also immediately activates its anti-viral agent and protects your cell. The person who has existing diseases must take this drug with caution. The hydroxycholoroquine does not work properly when combined with other drugs. Make sure that you have taken other medicine ahead of time. Here’s where you can buy hydroxychloroquine online.
What are the side effects of the hydroxychloroquine?
This medicine does not have a record of severe or fatal side effects. However, you still have to be cautious when taking this medicine. These are some of the side effects of hydroxychloroquine:
- Headache, dizziness and tingling o ears
- Stomach pain, nausea and vomiting
- The feeling of irritability and mood changes
- Hair loss and skin rash
These side effects do not usually come but you have to inform your doctor if you experience any of the following:
- Difficulty in breathing and burry vision
- Uneven heartbeat, loss of hearing
- Unusual bleeding or bruises
- Tiredness and weakness
- Yellowish skin, eyes and nails
There may be other side effects that you experience but not on the list mentioned. In case of such situations, you have to go to the nearest hospital or emergency clinic right away. Take the medicine in the said time or schedule. Avoid missing a dose to be able to improve your recovery process. The dose of this medicine is based on the age, weight and condition of the patients. Make sure that it is prescribed by your doctor.
Precautions on or before taking the hydroxychloroquine
- Hydroxychloroquine is not allowed for children without a doctor’s prescription. Children are sensitive to overdosage and other side effects of the medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have tried this medicine before. Too much of the hydroxychloroquine might cause vision problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have an existing disease or life-threatening diseases. You also have to tell your doctor if you just currently had surgery or operations. This is for the adjustment of the dosage of the medicine.
- Let your doctor know if you have liver and kidney disease. You also have to let them know if you have cardiovascular or respiratory disease.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages, smoking, unhealthy diet while you are in treatment
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women are not allowed to have the medication unless prescribed by medical professionals. Call for assistance in case of overdose ad other severe side effects.
- Keep this medication at room temperature far from excess heat and moisture. Keep it away from the reach and sight of children.