Where is Ibritumomab Tiuxetan used? Ibritumomab Tiuxetan...
Chloroquine To Treat COVID-19?
The COVID-19 is widely spread around the globe. It kills and infected thousands. The severity of the attack of this virus has increasingly become fatal. The COVID-19 is a virus strain that is spread through respiratory droplets. These droplets are caused by sneezing and coughing. The Virus can immediately spread through social contact within approximately 3 to 4 meters. The onset of the symptoms will just show off after 2 weeks upon exposure.
The symptoms of the COVID-19 are coughing, shortness of breath, and possible pneumonia. It can also be acquired through direct talk to an infected patient. The droplets that are also containing the virus can stay in objects. This infects a person through touching the object, touching the eyes, nose, and mouth. There is no precise duration on how long will the symptoms last but the only thing that is certain is widespread.
How will you protect yourself from the COVID-19 virus?
- Cover your face or mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Throw the used tissues in the right disposal
- Wash your hands with soap and hand sanitizer very often
- Stay away from people who are sick or unwell
- Avoid any means of contact such as a handshake, sharing of cups and other utensils
- Contact your doctor if you experience any of the symptoms
- Practice self-quarantine if you started to experience symptoms
What is Chloroquine?
Chloroquine is a prescribed medication that is being worked out today to be used to treat COVID-19. This possesses the ability to treat viral infections. Chloroquine is a medication being used to treat malaria. The clinical test during the assessment of the Chloroquine has not yet approved by the FDA. However, this medicine is being studied and continuously tested because of its ability to fight against viruses. Chloroquine fights against parasites that attack the red blood cells.
Chloroquine is an old malarial drug that is now studied and linked to treating the COVID-19. This is effective in preventing the virus that can cause the severe acute respiratory syndrome. Chloroquine is already being used before as one of the medicine that counters the SARS-CoV. This drug is now being used in China and South Korea. The inhibitory effect of this drug is being observed as it treats the infected cells.
How do the Chloroquine works?
Chloroquine can fight against virus-infected patients. In fact, this is already being used before as one of the component drugs that treat SARS-CoV. The concentration of this medicine depends on the condition, age, weight, and medical stability of the patient. The component of the chloroquine inhibits the work and growth of the virus in your cells. It blocs the entry of the virus and inhibits its maturation. This assessment is still continuously being tested up to date.
Reports from the Chinese medical field have recorded patients that are treated with chloroquine. There is a rapid decline in the common symptoms of Coronavirus symptoms such as fever. This also becomes effective in impairing the early-stage development of the replication of the virus. Chloroquine can also interfere with the modification of viral properties. This drug also guards your immune system which is the main target of the virus.
How to use the Chloroquine?
It can be two 200 mg tablets twice a day on the first day. It is followed by 1 tablet to be taken twice a day for 4 more days as recommended. However, the dosage of your medication must be upon the prescription of your doctor. The duration of the medication usually lasts 4 to 8 weeks. Your doctor may lower the dose as you slowly reach the end of your recovery period. Follow each recommendation and avoid things that will affect the work of the medicine in your body.
This drug is taken orally after a meal to avoid an upset stomach. Do not take the medicine with an empty stomach because of the big possibility of the onset of side effects. Take this exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Avoid taking two dosages in case of the missed dose. Wait until the next day and administer it at the same time. You also have to wait or take other prescribed medication 4 hours ahead before taking the chloroquine. Avoid exposing yourself outside while you are in the treatment period. Available Chloroquine online.
What are the side effects of the Chloroquine?
There are no recorded cases of fatal side effects but continue to follow precautions. Mild side effects are common as your body responds to the medication. Here are the light side effects of the Chloroquine:
- Loss of appetite and nausea
- Skin rash, and vomiting
- Lightheadedness and headache
- Stomach pain and diarrhea
These side effects do not come one at a time or may not come at all. There are also possible severe side effects that may need medical attention. These are:
- Low blood pressure and bleeding
- Muscle weakness, signs of liver disease
- Vision changes and tingling of ears
- Seeing light flashes or streaks
- Difficulty breathing
You may experience side effects that are not on the list. In the case of such a situation tell your doctor right away.
Precautions on or before taking the Chloroquine
- Children below 8 years old are not allowed to take this medicine. Wait for your doctor’s prescription because children are prone to side effects of the drug.
- This is not allowed for breastfeeding and pregnant women. However, your doctor may allow you in minimal dosage.
- Avoid exposure to radiation as this medicine can cause vision problems
- Tell your doctor if you have existing diseases especially if it is related to your respiratory organ
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and other drugs that may affect the work of the drug
- Inform your doctor about other medications you are taking including vitamins, minerals, or dietary supplements. It is a piece of important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
- Keep this medication at room temperature far from excess heat and moisture. You also have to keep it away from the reach and sight of children and pets.