Where is Ibritumomab Tiuxetan used? Ibritumomab Tiuxetan...
Where is Cariprazine used?
Cariprazine is specifically used for the treatment of mood/mental disorders such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. This is an oral atypical antipsychotic and is a second-generation psychotic. This restores the balance of certain natural substances in the brain that decreases hallucinations. Cariprazine also helps you think more positively about yourself and take a more active part in your everyday life. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved this in the year 2015.
How does Cariprazine work?
Cariprazine rebalances serotonin and dopamine to improve mood, thinking, and behavior. This specifically works in the brain that helps relieve some symptoms of schizophrenia including:
- Hallucinations – images that seem real or imagined voices
- Little desire to be around other people
- Delusions – beliefs that are not true like other people are reading your thoughts
- Trouble speaking clearly
- Trouble organizing your thoughts or Disorganized thinking and making sense
- Lack of motivation
How to use Cariprazine?
The recommended dosage for this medication will depend on your condition and response. Before taking a dose, make sure that you inform your doctor about the other medications you are taking including prescriptions, non-prescription, vitamins, or herbal products.
This comes as a capsule to be taken by mouth, usually once a day. You may take each dose with or without food. Take it at the same time each day or exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not take more or less of it or more than the prescription of your doctor. Your doctor will most likely start you on a low dose and gradually increase the dose. It will depend on how the medication will work on you and the side effects that you will experience.
What are the side-effects of Cariprazine?
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Extrapyramidal symptoms (muscle spasms, muscle rigidity, or jerking movements)
These might not be the full list of the possible side effects, if you experienced other side effects not listed here, inform your doctor right away.
What are the precautions in using Cariprazine?
- Before taking this medication, talk to your doctor first if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Avoid driving or do anything that needs your full alertness. This medication may make you feel dizzy.
- Inform your doctor know if you have any allergies or medical history. This drug may have an ingredient that causes an allergic reaction.
- You should not share this or any of your drugs with others who have the same condition as yours.
- Do not stop this medication or change the dosage without the prescription of your doctor. Even if you feel well, continue taking this medication.
- If you have forgotten a dose, call your doctor or healthcare team for instructions. Do not take two doses to make up for the forgotten dose.
- Older adults taking this medication may be more sensitive to the side effects. Some of these are dizziness, drowsiness, or light-headedness which is some risk of falling.
- This drug must be kept at room temperature away from heat and moisture.