Where is Ibritumomab Tiuxetan used? Ibritumomab Tiuxetan...
Care Tips For You And Others
If you are taking care of yourself or for others at home with COVID-19, here’s what you can do:
How To Protect Yourself While Caring For Someone Infected With Coronavirus?
- Keep your hands away from your face and keep it clean.
- Consider wearing a face mask if you need to be in the same room with the person infected.
- Stay at least 6 feet or 2 meters far from each other.
- Always clean your home especially the most-touched surfaces or objects. You can use wipes of disinfectants for cleaning.
- Be careful with laundry. The laundry of the infected person, use the warmest setting you can. Dry the clothes thoroughly. Consider using gloves while washing their clothes.
- Wear gloves when handling utensils or dishes as well. Wash the items with hot water and soap. Clean your hands thoroughly after.
- Prevent from having visitors in your home. Do not permit visitors until the sick person has fully in good health and has no symptoms of Coronavirus Disease.
How To Protect Others If You Are Ill?
- Just stay at home for school, work, or public unless it is to get medical care.
- Avoid ride-sharing services, taxis, or public transportation.
- Be isolated in one room that is far from your family and other people if possible. You must eat in your room with open windows to retain the circulating of air. Use a separate bathroom as well if possible.
- Avoid sharing of space.
- Always clean your light switches, doorknobs, counters, and electronics.
- Change your face mask every day.
- Wash your hands regularly.
Emergency Warning Signs
Carefully monitor the worsening symptoms of yours or your loved ones. Call the doctor right away if the symptoms appear to be getting worse. If the person with Coronavirus Disease experiences emergency warning signs, medical attention is needed right away. These are the emergency warning signs:
- Inability to stay awake
- New confusion
- Bluish face or lips
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent chest pain or pressure
End Of Isolation
Ask your doctor about when to end your home isolation especially if you have a weakened immune system. You can follow these recommendations for ending home isolation after you think or know you had Coronavirus Disease;
- You can leave your sick room of at least 10 days have passed since your symptoms started and at least 24 hours have passed without fever and other symptoms are improving. The loss of smell and taste might last for weeks or months therefore do not delay the end of isolation.
- Based on your test results, your doctor will tell you whether you can be around with others already. Most people don’t need testing to decide when they can be around with others.
It is recommended that as the caregiver of a sick person, you must stay at home for 14 days and watch for common signs and symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
For The Caregiver Of A Sick Person
You need to take care of yourself as well. Maintain a daily routine, exercise, and eat healthy meals. Take breaks from COVID-19 news and get plenty of sleep. Caregivers should not use drugs or alcohol and just focus on activities that you enjoy. Connect to your loved ones as well through video calls or phone calls.