COVID-19 is a new strain of the common cold that has been p...
Basic Protective Measures Against COVID-19
COVID-19 is a new strain of the common cold that has been popping up in recent years. It is more prevalent now than due to environmental status. COVID-19 can cause symptoms such as congestion, fever, sore throat, sneezing, and coughing. If you are experiencing these symptoms or caught COVID-19 from someone else, here are some basic protective measures you can take:
- Drink lots of fluids and avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Wash your hands frequently and isolate yourself from vulnerable individuals.
- Get plenty of rest and practice frequent disinfection to contain the spread of viral infections.
- Stay away from people who might infect you with the virus.
- Get updated with the preventive guidelines from the World Health Organization. Follow the recommended guidelines from the local health unit and government policies against COVID-19.
The Basic protective measures against COVID-19
- Get vaccinated and follow the local guidance on vaccination.
- Maintain a 1-meter distance from other people and avoid close contact with crowded places.
- Wear medical-grade facemasks and avoid staying in poorly ventilated areas.
- Wash your hands from time to time with soap and water. You can also use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing. Maintain proper disposal of tissue and facemask after use.
When and how to properly use facemask?
Use facemasks when you go outside for work, errands, and other outdoor activities. Ensure your masks cover your chin, mouth, and nose. Clean your hands with alcohol-based sanitizer before wearing your masks on and after taking them off.
Make your environment safe from COVID-19
The risks of getting COVID-19 are rampant in crowded places with poor ventilation. So, avoid spending long periods in unnecessary gatherings to prevent outbreaks. Avoid going to close spaces and crowded venues to avoid close contact with an infected individual. Maintain proper hygiene by disinfecting surfaces on door handles, phone screens, and faucets.
The Basic measures of you feel unwell
If you are symptomatic, seek medical attention from the nearest medical facility. Avoid close contact with people with comorbidities to avoid the spread of the virus. Know the range of the symptoms of COVID-19 and isolate yourself from 10 to 14 days. Ensure to keep up-to-date information from reliable sources such as the World Health Organization, local and national health authorities.