Where is Norethindrone used?Norethindrone is a man-made...
Treatment For Coronavirus At Home
The coronavirus is scary especially to those with underlying conditions. Most people will like to have a mild case of coronavirus. To treat mild cases of coronavirus at home, here’s what you can do;
If You Are Sick
The very important thing to do first is to just stay at home. This applies even if you have no coronavirus but you have symptoms. Practice social distancing by staying in a room with a bathroom and away from other members in your house. If you must share a bathroom, make sure that it’s disinfected and cleaned after each use. Also, do not accept visitors. If you need to be with them, wear your face mask. Other members in your home must remain practicing these things to be safe:
- Frequently washing of hands
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue
- Clean common touched surface every day or if possible, several times a day
- Do not share personal items and make sure that your clothing is washed thoroughly
Call your doctor right away if your symptoms become severe. Ask them if you need to go to the hospital. These symptoms might be;
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Trouble breathing
- New confusion or can’t be woken up
How To Treat Coronavirus Symptoms
- You can have a fever reducer if your fever is very high or if you choose to. The usual medicines recommended are acetaminophen and ibuprofen. These drugs are fever reducers but there are some concerns that acetaminophen and ibuprofen might not be safe to take while treating the coronavirus. However, you can ask your doctor for any recommendations.
- Fever usually causes sweating which means loss of water from your body therefore you need to stay hydrated. Drink lots of fluids.
- Just rest up because your body needs the energy to fight the virus. Let your body do its job.
- You may try drinking warm beverages such as broth and tea. These will heat your airways and break up the mucus that might be in your throat and upper airway. These warm beverages will also keep you hydrated.
- In hot water or hot tea, try to put a teaspoon of honey. Pint-sized honey is likely to soothe a sore throat.
- You can also try gargling salt water. While it is not scientifically proven to help by several people swear that this helps with a sore throat. There is no harm in trying though.
- Try taking cough medicine. You can ask your doctor for certain prescriptions. An expectorant might help you get the mucus out if you have a wet cough with lots of mucus. A cough suppressant can also help you if you have a dry cough.
- Sometimes a lot of coughing can be painful. Acetaminophen is a pain reliever that can take the edge off.
3. Shortness of breath
- Take slow breaths if you are experiencing shortness of breath. Slowing things down can help you start breathing again well.
- Try meditation and relaxation techniques. These will help you get your breathing more regular and calm your body. Experiencing shortness of breath may leave you anxious. Meditation and relaxation techniques will help you fight anxiety.