General Information Testosterone Undecanoate is used in...
Testosterone Undecanoate is used in men who do not make enough of a natural substance called testosterone. In males, testosterone is responsible for many normal functions like the growth and development of the bones, genitals, and muscles. It also helps cause normal sexual development in boys or called puberty.
How does Testosterone Undecanoate work?
Testosterone plays a key role in male sexual differentiation and is involved in:
- Regulation of hematopoiesis
- Body composition
- Bone metabolism
As a result, testosterone replacement therapy in males with hypogonadism can result in:
- Improved sexual function
- Increased lean body mass
- Bone density
- Prostate size
- Changes in lipid profiles
Testosterone Undecanoate works by affecting many body systems so that the body can develop and function normally.
Why use Testosterone Undecanoate?
Testosterone Undecanoate is a long-acting man-made version of testosterone. This comes as a gelatin capsule for oral use with its brand name Jatenzo. This product is available in three strengths; 158 mg, 198 mg, and 237 mg. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
How to use Testosterone Undecanoate?
The recommended dosage is based on your condition and response to the treatment. It is important to take it at the same time every day. In order to get the most benefit from it, use this medication regularly.
Testosterone Undecanoate Capsule is to be taken by mouth usually twice a day. It is with breakfast and with an evening meal or as directed by your doctor. Do not open the capsule or chew it. Swallow as a whole.
If you missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your prescribed dosing schedule. Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve or if it worsens.
What are the side effects of Testosterone Undecanoate?
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Change in taste
- Dry mouth
- Trouble sleeping
- Swelling of the extremities
Warnings and Precautions
- Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you have any allergies. This drug may have an inactive ingredient that causes an allergic reaction.
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients with a known history of severe heart disease.
- In patients with a known history of prostate cancer, this is not recommended for use.
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical history or current medications.
- Keep this at room temperature away from moisture and heat.