Where is Norethindrone used?Norethindrone is a man-made...
STRENGTHENING MENTAL WELL-BEING DURING NEW NORMAL
If the new normal is still increasing your feelings of anxiety, stress, and depression, you are not alone. Below are ways on how you can maintain your mental health during this challenging time.
- Be intentional: You must be intentional about your health right now and be honest with what you feel. The emotions you feel are normal given all the changes that every individual is facing now. Permit yourself to feel these emotions. The important step is to recognize the things that add to your stress and leave it to find things that bring you more peace. For instance, each of us wants to stay informed about what is happening in our community. However, being exposed too much to social media and news can add up to stress and anxiety. Instead of being glued to social media, pick up your phone and talk to a friend or a relative. Find safer ways to connect with others.
- Physical well-being: Make sure to maintain your physical health by eating nutritious foods. Preparing foods can be a relaxing experience for some people who love cooking. With lots of employers and employees have implemented working from home set-up, the physical activity has changed. If you are working at home, take a break every hour, and have a quick walk around the house. You may as well walk around while having a phone meeting. Finds ways to move.
- Mental well-being: Use your extra time to focus on your mental health in a place that you feel you are secure and safe. Practice meditation or spend uninterrupted time with your pet.
- Have a break: Being at home gives you the time to reflect and rest. You can have a book for self-growth, take up a hobby, or do a journal.
- Practice gratefulness: Remember the things that bring you joy and be grateful. It is easy to focus on all the things that are going wrong in the world and your life. Take time as well to reflect on the good things that have happened amid uncertainties.
- Be focused: It is easy to think you are powerless during stressful times. Focus on the actions you can take to apply some control over your life. You can’t change how other people react to the pandemic but you can be sure you always wear a mask in public. If it gives you more comfort to have groceries delivered to your home rather than going personally to the shops, do it. Just make sure you are following up with your healthcare provider on screenings and management of chronic diseases. Be sure you are filling your prescriptions. Have recommended over-the-counter medications if you become sick as a way to feel more empowered by being prepared.
If you are stressed and it impacts the quality of your life, seek professional help if you can’t handle it on your own. It is important to remember that you are not the only one who is facing this kind of challenge.