Coronavirus diseaseis an infection that has spread through...
Sodium Sulfacetamide Lotion
Sodium Sulfacetamide Lotion is for the treatment of several skin problems such as:
This medication stops the growth of certain bacteria on the skin that may lead to acne. This also helps unclog pores.
How does Sodium Sulfacetamide Lotion work?
Sodium Sulfacetamide acts as competitive antagonists to para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA). It is a vital factor for bacterial growth. While absorption through intact skin is unknown, this medication is freely absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. This medicine inhibits the growth of certain bacteria that causes acne. This as well inhibits the formation of free fatty acids.
Why use Sodium Sulfacetamide Lotion?
Sodium Sulfacetamide belongs to the class of medications known as sulfa antibiotics and keratolytic. This medication may also contain other ingredients such as urea. This helps to remove the top layer of dead skin. This lotion contains 100 mg Sodium Sulfacetamide as an active ingredient. It is a sulfonamide with antibacterial activity. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medicine.
How to use Sodium Sulfacetamide Lotion?
This is to be used in the skin only. Clean and dry the affected skin area as well as your hands. Apply a thin layer of the lotion to the areas of skin with acne, seborrhea, or rosacea as directed by your doctor. The medication is usually applied 1 to 3 times a day.
Do not apply it to skin that is broken, cracked, or raw because this may increase your risk of side effects. Avoid getting the medication on your eyelids or lips, and in your nose, mouth, or eyes. Remember to apply it at the same time every day.
What are the side effects of Sodium Sulfacetamide Lotion?
- Dry skin
- Mild swelling, redness, or itching of treated skin
- Yellow discoloration of treated skin
Tell to your doctor if these side effects persist or get worse.
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not use this if you are allergic to it. Call for medical help right away if there are any signs of an allergic reaction.
- If your condition does not improve after a few weeks, call your doctor and stop using the medication.
- Before using this medication, let your doctor know if you have a medical history of kidney problems.
- This should only be used when clearly needed for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place away from heat and moisture.