Zidovudine is used in pregnantwomen to prevent passing the...
Savaysa (Edoxaban) is used to prevent serious blood clots from forming caused by a certain irregular heartbeat. It is known as atrial fibrillation. This drug may also be used to treat certain blood clots such as in pulmonary embolus-PE or deep vein thrombosis –DVT.
How does Savaysa (Edoxaban) work?
Savaysa (Edoxaban) is a selective inhibitor of FXa. It does not need an anti-thrombin III for antithrombotic activity. This drug inhibits free FXa and prothrombinase activity. It also inhibits thrombin-induced platelet aggregation. Inhibition of FXa in the coagulation cascade decreases thrombin generation. It also reduces thrombus formation.
Savaysa (Edoxaban) works by blocking certain clotting proteins in your blood.
Why use Savaysa (Edoxaban)?
Savaysa (Edoxaban) is a factor Xa inhibitor. This is supplied as Edoxaban tosylate monohydrate. It is a white to pale yellowish-white crystalline powder. This product is available as film-coated tablets with 15mg, 30mg, and 60mg. Each film-coated tablet contains Edoxaban for oral use. This has been already approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How to use Savaysa (Edoxaban)?
The recommended dosage is based on your medical condition and response. For children, the dosage may also be based on their weight.
It is to be taken by mouth with a full glass of water. It is usually taken once a day. It may be taken with or without food. Use this prescription regularly to get the most benefit from it. Take it at the same time every day to help you remember
Do not stop taking this drug without consulting your doctor. Your condition may become worse when this medication is suddenly stopped. Follow the prescription of your doctor carefully.
What are the side-effects of Savaysa (Edoxaban)?
- Easy bruising
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Low red blood cell count (anemia)
Call for medical help if there are signs of an allergic reaction:
- Difficult breathing
- Swelling of your face, tongue, lips, throat
Warnings and Precautions
- Before taking this drug, tell your doctor if you are allergic to it or you have any allergies. This may contain inactive ingredients which can cause an allergic reaction.
- Tell also to your doctor if you have any medical history or current medications and treatments.
- This medication should only be used when clearly needed for pregnant women. It is unknown if this passes to breast milk. Consult your doctor first before breastfeeding.
- Keep this away from heat and moisture.