People with asthma were identified as being at higher risk ...
Rich Sources of Vitamin C
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned our attention to immunity-boosting vitamins and supplements. Having a weakened immune system will make you prone to the infection. People with the underlying condition and a weakened immune system have a higher risk of serious complications from the disease. Therefore, strengthen your immune system with vitamin C. It is considered as one of the best immune-booster vitamins.
VitaminC or also known as ascorbic acid has several important functions. It is awater-soluble vitamin that can be found in a variety of fruits and vegetables.Due to its health benefits, Vitamin C has received a great deal of attention.
In theabsence of the COVID-19 vaccine, people are seeking to boost their immunity toprotect themselves from the infection. Strengthen your immune system with thesevitamins C-rich foods:
- Mango – acup of this fruit provides vitamin A that is about a quarter of the dailyvitamin you need.
- Potato – thisis considered to be rich in vitamin C and B-complex. Potato also has good dosesof minerals.
- Lemons –these are high in vitamin C that has antiviral and antibacterial properties. Ithelps enhance the immune system.
- Bell pepper – thishas over 150% of you total vitamin C that is needed per day.
- Broccoli – Thisis a nutrient-packed powerhouse. Broccoli is high in iron, zinc, magnesium,potassium, and high in beta-carotene. A cup of broccoli gives you much vitaminC as an orange.
- Kiwi – acup of this fruit will give you about 273% of your daily recommended value.Kiwi is a nutrient-dense and full of vitamin C.
- Strawberry – oneof the great sources of vitamin C.
- Tomato juice – thisis a top source of vitamin A and C. Both are playing an integral role in immunehealth.
- Pineapple – Thisfruit has Bromelain which is an enzyme that helps the digestion of protein.Pineapple also lets your body utilize immune-boosting amino acids effectively.
- Cauliflower – thisis rich in antioxidants for immunity booster. Cauliflower also contains cholinethat is a nutrient essential to a healthy diet.
- Guava – thisis also loaded in vitamin C that you can add to your daily diet for a strongerimmunity system.
- Cantaloupe – thiscontains 100% of vitamin C you need daily.
Here’swhy you should add foods rich in vitamin C to your daily diet to help you stayhealthy. The following are some other benefits of vitamin C:
- May reduce your risk ofchronic disease
- May help you manage yourblood pressure
- Lowers your risk of havingheart disease
- Lessens blood uric acidlevels and prevents gout attacks
- Helps prevent irondeficiency
- Protects your memory andthinking as you age
- Helps you look younger.Vitamin C supports the production of collagen that improves the look of yourskin.
- May prevent cancer byblocking the damage. The damages may be caused by free radicals which canincrease the risk of cancer
- May also help with woundhealing
- Supports normal growthand development
- Helps your body absorbiron