Where is Norethindrone used?Norethindrone is a man-made...
Rescriptor (Delavirdine Mesylate)
Delavirdine Mesylate General Information
Rescriptor (Delavirdine Mesylate) is used to help control HIV infection. This medication helps to decrease the amount of HIV in your body so your immune system can work better. This lowers your chance of getting HIV complications like new infections or cancer. This will also improve your quality of life. This is used along with other HIV medications.
How does Rescriptor (Delavirdine Mesylate) work?
Rescriptor (Delavirdine Mesylate) attaches to and blocks an HIV enzyme called reverse transcriptase. An enzyme is a protein that starts or increases the speed of a chemical reaction. By blocking reverse transcriptase, this drug prevents HIV from multiplying. This can also reduce the amount of HIV in the body.
HIV medicines will not cure HIV, but taking a combination of HIV medicines every day helps people with HIV live longer and have a healthier life. HIV medicines also reduce the risk of HIV transmission.
Why use Rescriptor (Delavirdine Mesylate)?
Rescriptor belongs to a class of HIV medications called non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs). This tablet has Delavirdine with 100mg or 200mg for oral administration. it is odorless white to tan crystalline powder. This treatment has been already approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How to use Rescriptor (Delavirdine Mesylate)?
The recommended dosage of Rescriptor (Delavirdine Mesylate) depends on your condition and response.
This is to be taken by mouth usually three times a day. Take it by mouth with a full glass of water. You may take it also with or without food. The 200 milligrams cannot be dissolved and must be swallowed as a whole. Take it at the same time each day and use it regularly. Do not double the given dosage. Use it exactly as it is prescribed.
What are the side-effects of Rescriptor (Delavirdine Mesylate)?
- Cold symptoms (sneezing, stuffy nose, or sore throat)
- Worsening of a previous medical condition like an old infection
- Changes in the shape and location of body fat (legs, face, arms, neck, breasts, and waist)
Warnings and Precautions
- Stop taking this drug and call your doctor right away if there is an allergic reaction.
- This is only used in pregnant when clearly needed. If you are breastfeeding, consult your doctor first.
- You should not share this with others without letting them consult a doctor.
- Do not use this longer than it is prescribed.
- Keep this away from moisture and heat.