Pemetrexed is a prescription usedfor the treatment of lung...
Mycophenolate Mofetil is used tokeep your body from attacking and rejecting your transplanted organ such as:
This is used in combination withother medication. Mycophenolate Mofetil may also be used for the treatment ofCrohn’s disease. It is a condition in which the body’s immune system attacksthe lining of the digestive tract.
Howdoes Mycophenolate Mofetil work?
Mycophenolate Mofetil works by lessening the creationof the white blood cells. It does this by blocking the action of a compoundcalled inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase. It is necessary for theirproduction. By reducing the production of these cells, MycophenolateMofetil makes the body lesslikely to reject foreign material such as transplanted organs.
Whyuse Mycophenolate Mofetil?
Mycophenolate Mofetil is a typeof medicine called immunosuppressant. Immunosuppressant drugs reduce theactivity of the body’s immune system. This medication helps your body acceptthe new kidney as if it were your own. Mycophenolate Mofetil is supplied ascapsules for oral use. Each capsule has the strengths of 250 mg and 500 mg. Thisis a prescription approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Howto use Mycophenolate Mofetil?
The recommended dosage is basedon your condition, age, and response. It is very important that you takeMycophenolate Mofetil exactly as it is prescribed. Do not take more or lessthan it is given by your doctor.
This medication is to be taken bymouth as directed by your doctor. It is usually taken twice a day on an emptystomach. You may take a dose an hour before or 2 hours after meals. Swallow thecapsule as a whole with a full glass of water. Let your doctor know if yourcondition does not improve or if it gets worse.
Whatare the side effects of Mycophenolate Mofetil?
- Stomach pain or upset
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble sleeping
- Numbness or tingly feeling
- Muscle weakness
- While taking Mycophenolate Mofetil, tell yourdoctor if you have these symptoms; diarrhea, an infection, or allergicreactions.
- Ask for the permission with your doctor beforereceiving any vaccines or undergoing any surgeries.
- Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor ifyou have kidney or liver disease, any type of cancer, r stomach ulcers.
- Consult your doctor first if you are pregnant,planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding women.
- If you missed your menstrual period, call yourdoctor right away.