Where is Norethindrone used?Norethindrone is a man-made...
Mycophenolate Mofetil is used tokeep your body from attacking and rejecting your transplanted organ such as:
This is used in combination withother medication. Mycophenolate Mofetil may also be used for the treatment ofCrohn’s disease. It is a condition in which the body’s immune system attacksthe lining of the digestive tract.
How does Mycophenolate Mofetil work?
Mycophenolate Mofetil works by lessening the creation of the white blood cells. It does this by blocking the action of a compound called inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase. It is necessary for their production. By reducing the production of these cells, Mycophenolate Mofetil makes the body less likely to reject foreign material such as transplanted organs.
Why use Mycophenolate Mofetil?
Mycophenolate Mofetil is a type of medicine called immunosuppressant. Immunosuppressant drugs reduce the activity of the body’s immune system. This medication helps your body accept the new kidney as if it were your own. Mycophenolate Mofetil is supplied as capsules for oral use. Each capsule has the strengths of 250 mg and 500 mg. This is a prescription approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How to use Mycophenolate Mofetil?
The recommended dosage is basedon your condition, age, and response. It is very important that you takeMycophenolate Mofetil exactly as it is prescribed. Do not take more or lessthan it is given by your doctor.
This medication is to be taken bymouth as directed by your doctor. It is usually taken twice a day on an emptystomach. You may take a dose an hour before or 2 hours after meals. Swallow thecapsule as a whole with a full glass of water. Let your doctor know if yourcondition does not improve or if it gets worse.
What are the side effects of Mycophenolate Mofetil?
- Stomach pain or upset
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble sleeping
- Numbness or tingly feeling
- Muscle weakness
Warnings and Precautions
- While taking Mycophenolate Mofetil, tell your doctor if you have these symptoms; diarrhea, an infection, or allergic reactions.
- Ask for permission with your doctor before receiving any vaccines or undergoing any surgeries.
- Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor if you have kidney or liver disease, any type of cancer, r stomach ulcers.
- Consult your doctor first if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding women.
- If you missed your menstrual period, call your doctor right away.