AbirateroneAcetate is used for the treatment of prostate c...
Mycelex (Clotrimazole) for Topical Oral Administration
Clotrimazole General Information
Mycelex (Clotrimazole) is indicated for the treatment of skin infections such as:
- Jock itch
- Athlete’s foot
- Other fungal infections or candidiasis
This medication may also be used for the treatment of a skin condition known as tines versicolor or Pityriasis. It is a fungal infection that causes darkening or lightening of the skin of the neck, arms, chest, or legs.
How does Mycelex (Clotrimazole) work?
Clotrimazole works by preventing the development of the specific Candida or fungal cells. It is by changing the absorptivity of the fungal cell wall. It binds to phospholipids in the cell membrane. It also inhibits the biosynthesis of ergosterol and other sterols necessary for cell membrane production.
Why use Mycelex (Clotrimazole)?
Mycelex (Clotrimazole) is a synthetic antifungal agent for topical use. It contains 10mg of Clotrimazole. It belongs to the group of drugs known as antifungals. This medication comes in a topical cream, topical solution, and a lozenge form. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this treatment already.
How to use Mycelex (Clotrimazole)?
Use this medication on the skin only. Clean first and thoroughly dry the area to be treated. Apply it to the affected skin. This is usually given twice a day. The dosage and length of treatment depend on the type of infection you have. Do not apply this more often than prescribed. After applying the medication, wash your hands properly. Use this at the same time each day or exactly as directed by your doctor.
What are the side-effects of Mycelex (Clotrimazole)?
Commons side effects of Mycelex (Clotrimazole) include:
- Mild itching
- An unpleasant sensation in the mouth
- Stomach pain
- Foul-smelling discharge (if using the vaginal product)
- Blistering, redness, peeling, stinging, itching, hives, swelling, or burning at the site of application
If these side effects continue or get worse, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- Before using this treatment, let your doctor know if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- Inform your doctor if you have any allergies, current treatments, or medical history.
- Stop using this if there is a severe irritation at the application site.
- Do not share this or any of your medication with others.
- Talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of this treatment.
- Keep this at a clean, dry place, and at room temperature.
- Keep this also far from the reach of children.