General Information Lidocaine HCL Cream is indicated for...
Lidocaine HCL Cream
Lidocaine HCL Cream is indicated for use on the skin to stop itching and pain from certain skin conditions such as:
- Minor burns
- Insect bites
This may also be used to treat minor discomfort or itching caused by hemorrhoids and certain other problems of the genital/anal area like:
- Itching around the vagina or rectum
- Anal fissures
How does Lidocaine HCL Cream work?
Lidocaine HCL releases a mild acidic vehicle to stabilize the neuronal membrane by inhibiting the ionic fluxes. Those are needed for initiation and conduction impulses. Thereby, it affects local anesthetic action. A mild acidic vehicle lowers pH to increase protection against alkaline irritations. This will also provide a favorable environment for healing.
Why use Lidocaine HCL Cream?
Lidocaine HCL is a topical anesthetic that causes a temporary numbness or loss of feeling in the skin and mucous membranes. Some forms of this medication may also be used to lessen discomfort and pain during medical procedures. This product contains 30 mg of Lidocaine HCL. This prescription is already approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How to use Lidocaine HCL Cream?
Before using, clean and dry the affected area as directed. Apply a thin layer of medication to the affected area. It is usually applied 2-3 times a day or as directed. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response. Do not use more or less than the prescription of your doctor.
Avoid getting the cream into your eyes, ears, or nose. If it gets in these areas, rinse with water right away. Let your doctor know if your condition does not improve or if it gets worse.
What are the side effects of Lidocaine HCL Cream?
Common side effects:
- Redness or flushing of the skin
- An abnormal sensation at the injection site
- Unusually warm skin
- Small or purple spots on the skin
- Bleeding, bruising, or burning at the injection site
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not apply this medication if you have an infection or open wounds.
- Stop using this and call your doctor if there are any signs of an allergic reaction.
- You should not share this medication with others even if they have the same symptoms as yours.
- Use this with caution when this is applied in children. They may be more sensitive to the side effects.
- Let your doctor know if you have any allergies before using this cream.
- Keep this far from the reach of children.