General Information Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol...
Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol
Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol are used as contraception to prevent pregnancy. There are many brands and forms available for this medicine. This product’s brand name is Jaimiess.
Besides preventing pregnancy, birth control pills may also:
- Make your periods more regular
- Decrease your risk of ovarian cysts
- Lessen blood loss and painful periods
- Treat acne
How does Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol work?
Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol works mainly by stopping your ovaries from releasing an egg each month. They also increase the thickness of the natural mucus at the neck of the womb. That it makes more difficult for sperm to cross from the vagina into the womb and thinning the womb lining. This also makes it more difficult for any successfully fertilized eggs to implant there.
Why use Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol?
Jaimiess is a combined birth control pill usually just called ‘pill’. This contains two hormones called estrogen and progestogen. This is an oral contraceptive consisting of:
- A synthetic progestogen and 0.03 mg of Ethinyl Estradiol
- Peach tablets each containing 0.15 mg of Levonorgestrel
- 7 yellow tablets containing 0.01 mg of Ethinyl Estradiol
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
How to use Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol?
This prescription is usually taken once a day by mouth. Pick a time of day that is easy for you to remember. Take each pill at the same time every day. It is important that you take this prescription exactly as it is prescribed.
Follow the package instructions to find the first tablet. Start with the first pill in the pack and take them in the correct order. If you miss pills, pregnancy is more likely to happen. Start also a new pack or take your pill at a different time of the day than usual. Having this pill at bedtime or after your evening meal may help if you have stomach upset or nausea with the pill.
What are the side-effects of Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol?
- Weight gain
- Breast tenderness
- Irregular and heavy uterine bleeding
- Stomach cramps or pain
Warnings and Precautions
- You should not take this pill if you have untreated or uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- Before taking this, tell your doctor if you have ever had heart, liver, or kidney disease.
- This is to be taken 24 hours apart.
- Inform your doctor if you have bleeding that is very heavy or continues. You may have breakthrough bleeding mainly in the first 3 months.
- Keep this at room temperature away from heat and moisture.