Where is Tacrolimus used?Tacrolimus is a prescription m...
Lescol (Fluvastatin Sodium)
Fluvastatin Sodium General Information
Lescol (Fluvastatin Sodium) is used to lower ‘bad’ cholesterol and fats like triglycerides. This medication will you raise good cholesterol in the blood. Lowering bad cholesterol and triglycerides and raising a good one will lessen the risk of heart disease. It will also help prevent strokes and heart attacks. This medication is used along with a proper diet.
In addition to a proper diet and other lifestyle changes may help this drug works better. It includes losing weight, exercising, and stopping smoking.
How does Lescol (Fluvastatin Sodium) work?
Lescol (Fluvastatin Sodium) decreases the production of LDL cholesterol. It is by blocking the action of the enzyme in the liver. That is responsible for its production. This lessens the amount of cholesterol in the liver cells. In which it causes them to take up LDL cholesterol from the blood. The decreased cholesterol production and increased removal of LDL cholesterol from the blood ultimately results in lowered blood cholesterol levels.
Why use Lescol (Fluvastatin Sodium)?
Lescol (Fluvastatin Sodium) belongs to the class of medications called statins. This contains Fluvastatin Sodium as an active ingredient. This medication is supplied as a capsule for oral use. Each capsule has the strengths of 20 mg and 40 mg. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
How to use Lescol (Fluvastatin Sodium)?
The recommended dosage is based on your medical condition and response. Remember to take the prescription exactly. Do not take it more often or for longer than it is prescribed.
The capsule is to be taken by mouth. It is usually taken once a day in the evening. Some patients may be directed to take it twice. Do not open the capsules. Take it as a whole. Take it at the same time every day.
What are the side-effects of Lescol (Fluvastatin Sodium)?
- Sleep problems or insomnia
- Changes in the amount of urine
- Stomach upset or pain
- Muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness
- Cold symptoms (sneezing, sore throat, or stuffy nose)
Warnings and Precautions
- Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have any allergies. Tell also if you have any medical history or current medications.
- This may not be recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Discuss with your doctor the risks and benefits before taking this medicine.
- Do not use this pats the expiration date.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place away from the heat and moisture.