Most of the COVID-19 patients develop mild flu-like symptom...
Indocin SR (Indomethacin)
Indomethacin is used to relieve swelling, pain, joint stiffness that is caused by:
Lessening these symptoms helps you perform more of your usual daily activities. The sustained release capsule does not relieve pain fast. If you are treating a chronic condition like arthritis, ask your doctor for another medication to treat your pain.
How does Indocin SR (Indomethacin) work?
Indocin SR (Indomethacin) works by decreasing the creation of prostaglandins. These are chemicals that the body creates. In which it causes the pain and fever that are associated with inflammation. This drug blocks the enzymes that make prostaglandins. Thereby, it lessens the levels of prostaglandins. As a result, pain, fever, and inflammation are reduced.
Why use Indocin SR (Indomethacin)?
Indocin SR (Indomethacin) belongs to the class of medication called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It comes as an extended-release capsule for oral use. Each capsule is available in the strength of 75 mg. it also contains Indomethacin as an active ingredient. In the year 1965, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
How to use Indocin SR (Indomethacin)?
The dosage is based on your condition, age, weight, and response to it. It is to be taken by mouth with a full glass of water. Remember to take it in the same way and at the same time every day. It is important to take each dose exactly as it is prescribed. Swallow the capsule as a whole. Do not chew or break it.
Indocin Capsule is usually taken once or twice a day. You may take with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take it with food or milk. Do not lie down for about 10 minutes after taking each dose. Take it regularly to get the most benefit from it.
What are the side-effects of Indocin SR (Indomethacin)?
- Abdominal pain
Warnings and Precautions
- Let your doctor know if you are taking another medication (vitamins or herbal products). Tell also to your doctor if you have any medical history.
- Do not twice the prescribed dosage. It may cause another complication.
- If there is a sign of an overdose, call your doctor right away.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women, consult your doctor first.
- This drug should not be used to treat another medical condition.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place away from heat or moisture.