Zidovudine is used in pregnantwomen to prevent passing the...
Cyanocobalamin Nasal Spray
Cyanocobalamin is used to treat low levels (deficiency) of vitamin B12. This vitamin helps your body use fat and carbohydrates for energy and makes new protein. It is also important for normal cells, blood, and nerves. Most people get enough vitamin B12 in their diet but deficiency may occur in certain health conditions such as:
- Poor nutrition
- Stomach or intestinal problems
Serious vitamin B12 deficiency may also result in anemia and nerve damage.
How does Cyanocobalamin work?
Cyanocobalamin is an essential B-vitamin that is classified as a water-soluble vitamin. Vitamin B12 is needed for the growth and reproduction of cells. It also plays an important role in the breakdown or metabolism of fats and carbohydrates.
Why use Cyanocobalamin?
Cyanocobalamin is used to help increase your levels of vitamin B12 higher than normal levels. This is a man-made form of vitamin B12. Cyanocobalamin occurs as dark red crystals or crystalline red powder. It is sparingly to moderately soluble in water. Each bottle of this medication contains 2.3 ml of a 500 mcg of Cyanocobalamin. This is for administration as a spray to the nasal mucosa. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this.
How to use Cyanocobalamin?
The recommended dosage is based on your medical condition, age, and response. To lessen your risk of side effects, your doctor may start you at a low dose and slowly increase your dose. Do not take more or less of this medication. Follow the instructions of your doctor carefully
Cyanocobalamin Nasal Spray is usually used once weekly or as directed by your doctor. Hot drinks or food may produce mucus that can wash away this medication. Avoid hot food or drinks for an hour before or after using this medication. Let your doctor know if your condition does not improve or if it gets worse.
What are the side effects of Cyanocobalamin?
- Runny nose
- Swelling in your tongue
- Tingling in your hands or feet
- Cold or flu symptoms such as the stuffy nose, sinus pain, or sore throat
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not suddenly stop using this prescription without the consent of your doctor.
- Before taking, tell your doctor if you are allergies to it or if you have any allergies.
- Inform as well your doctor if you have any medical history or current medications (vitamins or herbal supplements).
- Keep this at room temperature far from heat, moisture, and reach of children.