Pemetrexed is a prescription usedfor the treatment of lung...
Ceftibuten General Information
Cedax (Ceftibuten) is known as a cephalosporin antibiotic. This is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. This medication helps kill the bacteria and preventing them to grow. However, this will not work for flu, colds, or other virus infections. This is only for bacterial infections and not for viral infections.
How does Cedax (Ceftibuten) work?
Cedax (Ceftibuten) exerts bactericidal movement by inhibiting cross-linking of the peptidoglycan and interfering with bacterial cell wall synthesis. The cephalosporins are also thought to play a role in the activation of bacterial cell autolysins which may contribute to bacterial cell lysis.
Why use Cedax (Ceftibuten)?
Cedax contains Ceftibuten dihydrate as an active ingredient. This medication has an equivalent of 400mg of Ceftibuten. It is a semisynthetic cephalosporin antibiotic for oral administration. This has been already approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How to use Cedax (Ceftibuten)?
Cedax (Ceftibuten) comes as a capsule and oral suspension to be taken by mouth. It is usually taken once a day for about 10 days. Take the suspension on an empty stomach, at least 2 hours before or 1 hour after eating. The capsules can be taken with or without food. Take this medication exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it longer than prescribed by your doctor. You must begin to feel better during the first few days of treatment with this medication. If your symptoms do not improve or get worse, call your doctor right away.
What are the side-effects of Cedax (Ceftibuten)?
- Stomach pain or upset
- Tired feeling
- Stiff or tight muscles
- Numbness or tingly feeling
- Feeling agitated
- Dry mouth
- Stuffy nose
- Unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
Call your doctor right away if these side effects happen:
- Dark urine
- Persistent nausea or vomiting
- Yellowing eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Black Stools
- Changes in the amount of urine
- Joint pain
Warnings and Precautions
- Before taking this medication, inform your doctor if you have any medical history, current treatments, or any allergies.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women, consult first your doctor.
- Do not use this past the expiration date.
- You should not share this with others who have the same condition as yours.
- If there is an allergic reaction or overdose, call for medical help right away.
- Keep this away from the reach of children or pets.