General Information Nimodipine is called a calcium chann...
Belsomra (Suvorexant) Tablets
Belsomra (Suvorexant) Tablets is indicated for the treatment of insomnia or sleep problem. This may help you fall asleep and stay asleep longer so you can get a better night’s rest. Suvorexant is the generic name of Belsomra.
How do Belsomra (Suvorexant) Tablets work?
The mechanism by which Suvorexant applies its helpful effect in insomnia is supposed to be through antagonism of orexin receptors. The orexin neuropeptide signaling system is a central promoter of wakefulness. Delaying the binding of wake-promoting neuropeptides orexin A and B to receptors OX1R and OX2R is thought to conquer wake drive.
Why sue Belsomra (Suvorexant) Tablets?
Belsomra (Suvorexant) Tablets belongs to the class of medications known as sedative-hypnotics. This medication contains Suvorexant. It is a highly selective antagonist for orexin receptors OX1R and OX2R. Each film-coated tablet contains 5mg, 10mg, 15mg, or 20 mg of Suvorexant. It is white to off-white powder that is insoluble in water. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
How to use Belsomra (Suvorexant) Tablets?
The recommended dosage for this will depend on your condition, age, and response.
For elderly adults (65 years or older), take one 15mg tablet.
For non-elderly adults (younger than 65 years), take one 20mg tablet.
Take it 30 minutes before you get into bed. You may take it with or without food. Do not take a dose unless you have time for a full night’s sleep for at least 7-8 hours. Take it as directed by your doctor. Do not twice the given dosage.
What are the side-effects of Belsomra (Suvorexant) Tablets?
- Dry mouth
- Abnormal dreams
- Next day drowsiness
- Upper respiratory tract infection
This may also cause serious side effects that you may not know are happening to you like:
- Or doing other activities when you are asleep like talking, eating, driving a car, or having sex.
If some of these continue or get worse, call your doctor for immediate help.
Warnings and Precautions
- This is not recommended to take if you drank alcohol that evening or before bed.
- Avoid driving or do anything that needs your alertness. This may make you feel drowsy or dizzy.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Let your doctor know if you are taking other medicines like vitamins or herbal supplements.
- Do not share this with others without consulting a doctor.