Naltrexone Hydrochloride is an opiate antagonistthat is us...
Azithromycin (Zithromax) Tablets and Oral Suspension
Azithromycin (Zithromax) is used for the treatment of a wide variety of bacterial infections. It is a macrolide-type antibiotic. This may also be used to prevent mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) infections. It is in people with HIV infection. This can also use to treat flare-ups of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) caused by bacteria.
How does Azithromycin (Zithromax) work?
Azithromycin (Zithromax) is a type of antibiotic called a macrolide. It works by preventing bacteria from making proteins that are important to them. Without these proteins, the bacteria cannot develop, duplicate and rise in numbers. The bacteria eventually die or are destroyed by the immune system. This clears up the infection. Azithromycin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that helps clear up infections caused by a wide range of bacteria.
Why use Azithromycin (Zithromax)?
Azithromycin (Zithromax) is an antibiotic that fights bacteria. This medication may be used in different types of infections caused by bacteria;
- Skin infections
- Respiratory infections
- Ear infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases
This medication has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How to use Azithromycin (Zithromax)?
The recommended dosage for this medication will depend on your condition and response. This is usually taken once a day with or without food. Take this medication by mouth. Use this treatment regularly to get the most benefit from it. Take this as directed by your doctor. To avoid complications, do not double the given dosage.
What are the side-effects of Azithromycin (Zithromax)?
- Stomach upset
- Insomnia or sleep problems
- Hearing problems
- Abdominal pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Ringing in the ears
- Decreased sense of taste or smell
- Vaginal itching or discharge
If these continue or get worse, call for medical help right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- Inform your doctor if you have any allergies, medical history, or current medications.
- Consult your doctor first if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women before using this medication.
- Do not use this longer than prescribed.
- This may make you feel dizzy. Avoid using machinery or driving.
- Do not share this or any of your medications with others who have the same condition as yours.
- This can rarely cause liver problems. If you have any liver problems, it could make your liver function worse.
- Keep this away from the reach of children.