Where is Norethindrone used?Norethindrone is a man-made...
Axert (Almotriptan Malate) Tablets
Axert (Almotriptan Malate) is used for the treatment of migraines. This helps to relieve the pain and headache. This also relieves other migraine symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light or sound. Prompt treatment helps you return your normal routine. It will also lessen your need for pain medications.
How does Axert (Almotriptan Malate) work?
Migraine attacks are categorized by severe one-sided head pain, which lasts between 4 and 72 hours. The women usually are experiencing migraines at least three times more often than men. For many sufferers, these headaches have a significant impact on their quality of life. This medication targets the serotonin receptors. It acts against migraine headaches by inducing the tightening of blood vessels surrounding the brain. Migraine headaches are thought to be caused by the widening of the blood vessels in the head.
Why use Axert (Almotriptan Malate)?
Axert (Almotriptan Malate) belongs to the class of medications called selective serotonin receptor agonists. It is a white to slightly yellow crystalline powder that is soluble in water. This medication generally works within 2 hours. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this medication.
How to use Axert (Almotriptan Malate)?
The suggested dose for this medication will depend on your response and condition. Take this by mouth with or without a meal. Take this at the first sign of a migraine. If your headache comes back, you may take a second dose after 2 hours. It is not prescribed to take more than 2 doses in a 24-hour period. Follow your doctor’s prescription very carefully.
What are the side-effects of Axert (Almotriptan Malate)?
- Dry mouth
- Paresthesia (numbness or tingling)
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Sudden vision changes
Warnings and Precautions
- Inform your doctor if you have any allergies, medical history, or current medications.
- This is not prescribed for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Consult your doctor first if it is already clearly needed.
- Limit your alcohol beverages.
- This may make you feel dizzy. Avoid driving or do anything that needs your alertness.
- Do not use this past the expiration date.
- Do not share this with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- If there is an overdose, call for medical help right away.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place to avoid contamination.