Zidovudine is used in pregnantwomen to prevent passing the...
Alogliptin and Metformin HCL
Alogliptin and Metformin HCL are used to control high blood sugar. This is used with a proper diet and exercise program in people with type 2 diabetes. Proper control of diabetes may lessen your risk of stroke or heart attack. It also helps prevent:
- Kidney damage
- Loss of limbs
- Nerve problems
- Sexual function problems
How does Alogliptin and Metformin HCL work?
Alogliptin works by expanding the levels of natural substances called incretins. Incretins help to control blood sugar by increasing insulin release. It effectively works especially after meals. They also lessen the amount of sugar that your liver makes.
Metformin HCL works by helping to restore your body’s proper response to the insulin you naturally produce. This also reduces the amount of sugar that your liver makes and that your stomach or intestines absorb.
Why use Alogliptin and Metformin HCL?
Alogliptin and Metformin HCL are oral anti-hyperglycemic drugs. This has the brand name of Kazano that is supplied as tablets. Each tablet contains Alogliptin and Metformin HCL as an active ingredient. This is available in the strengths of 500 mg and 1000 mg. Alogliptin and Metformin HCL have already been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How to use Alogliptin and Metformin HCL?
The recommended dosage depends on your medical condition and response. It is important that you take it exactly as it is prescribed. Do not take it more often or more than it is directed by your doctor.
This medication is usually taken twice a day with food. This is to be taken as a whole with a full glass of water. Do not break or chew the tablet. For the best result, take it regularly. Let your doctor know if your condition does not improve or get worse.
What are the side effects of Alogliptin and Metformin HCL?
- Back pain
- Cold symptoms such as sinus pain, sore throat, orstuffy nose
If these side effects continue or worsen, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- You should not use this for the treatment of other conditions.
- This may have an inactive ingredient that causes an allergic reaction. Tell your doctor if you have any allergies.
- Let your doctor know if you have any medical history especially of breathing problems or kidney problems.
- Limit alcohol while using this medication. It may increase your risk of lactic acidosis and developing low blood sugar.
- Pregnancy may cause or worsen diabetes. Discuss with your doctor on how to manage your blood sugar while pregnant.