Favipiravir is an influenza drug which was approvedfor cli...
Aldara (Imiquimod) Cream
- Actinic keratoses (precancerous growths)
- Superficial basal cell carcinoma (a type of skin cancer)
- Warts on the outside of genitals or anus
Treating these disorders can lessen the problems from them. This medicine is not recommended for use on children under 12 years of age. This can only be used unless it is directed by your doctor.
How does Aldara (Imiquimod) Cream work?
Aldara (Imiquimod) Cream works by stimulating the body’s own protection device. This works by binding to immune cells in the skin. It causes them to release a natural protection chemical which is cytokines. It helps fight viral infections by avoiding viruses from developing in cells. They also inhibit abnormal or malignant cells from growing in numbers. Aldara cream stimulates the immune cells in the skin to attack the abnormal cells, which shrinks the cancerous growth.
Why use Aldara (Imiquimod) Cream?
Aldara Cream contains Imiquimod which belongs to the class of medications called immune response modifiers. It is a type of medicines that are called immunomodulator. This cream will help to activate your immune system to fight these unusual skin developments. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this medication. You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How to use Aldara (Imiquimod) Cream?
Apply sufficient cream to cover the treatment area. Rub it in until it vanishes. Apply this 3 times a week before going to bed. Leave the cream on for 8 hours then wash it off with mild soap and clean water. This treatment should be continued for 4 weeks. The period of treatment should not last for longer than 4 weeks even if you have missed doses. Follow your doctor’s instruction promptly.
What are the side-effects of Aldara (Imiquimod) Cream?
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose
- Fever blisters
- Cold sores
- Chest pain
- Back pain
- Changes in the color of treated skin
- Itching, dryness, redness or hardening of the skin where the cream was applied
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not use this past the expiration date.
- Consult your doctor first if you have any allergies or medical history before using this cream.
- Do not share this with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- Keep this away from the direct sunlight/heat.
- Keep this away from the reach of children or from your pets.