AbirateroneAcetate is used for the treatment of prostate c...
Acyclovir is a drug used to treat a variety of virus. It’s a treatment for outbreaks of genital herpes condition. This drug helps to reduce the chance of virus to spread in your body. It helps to heal the sores faster to patients with a weak immune system.
Acyclovir treats a condition caused by a virus such as:
• Cold sores – caused by “herpes simplex virus”
• Shingles – caused by “herpes zoster”
• Chickenpox – caused by “varicella virus
This drug indicated for use of:
• Suppression of unusual frequent recurrences of herpes genitals.
• Treatment of a number of genital herpes episodes.
• Acute treatment for certain conditions.
How does Acyclovir Capsule work?
Acyclovir may also refer to as “synthetic nucleoside analogs”. It belongs to the antiviral group of drugs. This drug helps to prevent the outbreak of the condition. It helps in treating patients infected with a certain virus. It works to lower the ability of the virus to spread in your system. It works to kill the viruses which are present in your body. It helps to treat the infection that can lead to serious condition.
How much to take?
The listed below are the usual dosage of the drug and your condition:
• If you’re taking this drug to treat shingles take the drug every 4 hours of 800mg. Take it 5 times per day for about 7-10 days.
• For Genital Herpes take 200mg every 4 hours 5 times a day for about 10 days. If you’re taking this for prevention take a dosage of 400mg 2 times a day for 1 year. For reinfection condition, take a dosage of 200mg. Take it every 4 hours 5 times a day. Take this drug as soon as the signs of infection to appear.
• For chickenpox take a dosage of 800mg 4 times a day for 5 days. Take the drug as soon as the symptoms of chickenpox appear.
How to take?
Acyclovir comes in a tablet form that you need to take by mouth. Take this drug as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it 2 to 5 times a day or as prescribed by your doctor. The dosage will depend on your condition. You may take it with or without food. But to avoid stomach upset take it with food. Take this drug as soon as the symptoms will appear.
List of possible side effects may include:
• Blurred vision
• Hair loss
• Irregular heartbeat
• Pale skin
• Trouble sleeping
• Blood in urine
Warnings and Precaution
• Do not take this drug if you’re allergic to its ingredient.
• If you develop an allergic reaction discontinue using this drug.
• Drink a lot of water/fluids while taking this drug to avoid dehydration.
• Avoid the intake of alcohol. It may increase your risk to side effects.
• Quit smoking.
• Do not receive a live vaccination without consulting your doctor.