Pemetrexed is a prescription usedfor the treatment of lung...
Abraxane (Albumin-bound Paclitaxel for Injectable Suspension)
Abraxane for Injectable Suspension is used for the cure of breast cancer. It is used after the unsuccessful combination chemotherapy for metastatic illness within 6 months of adjuvant chemotherapy. This medication can be used alone or in combination with other cancer medications. This is also indicated to treat;
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Adenocarcinoma of the pancreas
How does Abraxane for Injectable Suspension work?
Abraxane for Injectable Suspension works by stopping the process of cell division (mitosis). It acts in the cellular structures that help the chromosomes move. In order to stop the cell division, this drug will block the cancer cell growth.
Why use Abraxane for Injectable Suspension?
Abraxane for Injectable Suspension contains Albumin-bound Paclitaxel which is a chemotherapy drug. It belongs to the class of medications called taxanes. It is used as a standard treatment of patients with metastatic breast cancer. This drug was developed as a way of lessening the side effects related that is used with the same potential to kill cancer cells. This is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the year 2005.
How to use Abraxane for Injectable Suspension?
Abraxane for Injectable Suspension is given intravenously. The dosage and dosing schedule will depend on the type of cancer you have. It will also depend on your condition and response to the treatment. It is frequently given 30 to 40 minutes as an infusion.
What are the side-effects of Abraxane for Injectable Suspension?
The following are the possible side-effects that may occur while having this treatment:
- Abdominal pain
- Changes in skin appearance
- Diarrhea or loose stools
- Discoloration of the nail beds
- Tingling in the hands or feet
- Muscle and joint pain
- Sores on the lips and on the mouth
- Upset stomach
These are not the complete lists of side effects. If there are continuous side effects happened, call your doctor immediately.
Warnings and Precautions
- Stop taking this medication if there is a sign of a serious allergic reaction.
- This should not be used in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- People at the age of 65 and above may be at high risk of side effects.
- This should not be used in other conditions without the doctor’s prescription.
- Do not share this medication with others who have the same situation as yours.
- Always check if the original seal is broken or missing.
- Keep this away from reach the of children.
- Keep this at a clean place to avoid infection.