General Information Adoxa (Doxycyline Capsules) is used t...
Abarelix (Plenaxis) is an antagonist and synthetic decapeptide of naturally occurring gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). This is indicated for the palliative treatment of men with advanced symptomatic prostate cancer.
Why use Abarelix (Plenaxis)?
Abarelix contains an active ingredient of Plenaxis. This is polypeptide compound composed of ten non-natural and natural amino acids. It remains in a linear sequence. It has a part as an antineoplastic agent and hormone antagonist. This medication has already been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How does Abarelix (Plenaxis) work?
Abarelix works by acting as a potent inhibitor of gonadotropin section. It binds to the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor. This may get rid of the symptoms associated with prostate cancer or prostate hypertrophy.
How to use Abarelix (Plenaxis)?
Before using this medication, let your doctor know if you have any of these following:
- Liver disease
- Heart problems or heart diseases
- Breastfeeding, pregnant or planning to get pregnant
This recommended dosage of Abarelix will depend on your medical condition and history. Before injecting, make sure that your hands are clean and the injection site. Keep it clean to avoid infection. Shake for about 15 seconds. Allow it to stand for 2 minutes. Tap it to lessen the foaming. Do not inject it on your own. The doctor or nurse must be injecting you. Do not double the dosage that has given by your doctor.
What are the side-effects of Abarelix (Plenaxis)?
The following are the possible side-effects that may happen while taking this medication:
- Sleep disturbances
- Hot flashes
- Nipple tenderness
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Swelling of extremities
- Difficulty or changes in urinating
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Breast enlargement or pain
Warnings and Precautions
Here are the things that you need to be precautious with while using this medication:
- Do not share this medication with others who have the same condition as yours.
- If an allergic reaction occurs consult your doctor immediately.
- Do not use if the original seal is missing or broken
- If you are allergic to any containing ingredients of this medication and if there is an allergic reaction, contact your doctor right away.
- Store at a clean place to avoid infections.
- Do not inject into the areas where the skin is tender, red, scaly, hard, or bruised.
- Store this at room temperature given.
- Keep this and all your medicines away from the reach of children.